Martha's Vineyard Wedding Jewelry Inspiration
There’s something magical about Martha’s Vineyard and there’s more than just an expanse of ocean that separates us from the mainland. Everything tastes a bit sweeter here and the Vineyard is the perfect setting for the wedding of your dreams.
I was honored to be invited to have my handmade jewelry featured in an editorial wedding photo shoot at the Harbor View Hotel and Edgartown Lighthouse this summer.
The bride wore a gorgeous white wedding gown with a lacy corset-inspired bodice. She skipped a necklace altogether and wore a white and gold fringe bracelet from my gold leaf collection. My Martha's Vineyard Island Bracelets were featured as bridesmaids gifts, as well gifts for the maid of honor and mother of the groom. The bride carried a sweet pom pom clutch from my Edgartown shop. I love the soft pinks and greens in the florals, especially the bouquet in the bicycle basket-- so cute!
When planning your wedding jewelry, keep these tips in mind:
- Less is more. As the bride, you sparkle and your bridal jewelry does not need to be to extravagant. Whether you choose gold, silver, pearls or diamonds, don't over do it!
- When thinking about what jewelry to wear for your wedding, find inspiration in the tone, textures and fabric of your wedding dress. Creams call for gold and ivory pearls while pure white calls for silver, diamonds and white pearls.
- Consider the neckline of your dress when choosing what jewelry to wear on your wedding day. A sweetheart neckline or a strapless dress is a blank slate for any bridal necklace that you choose. A bridal gown with a halter or a v-neck call for a simple pendant or choker necklace. You may also want to think about skipping a necklace altogether and focusing on statement earrings or a beautiful bridal headpiece.
- Stay true to your own style. Remember to have fun, be yourself and it's ok to break some rules if you have to.
- Consider bridesmaid jewelry that coordinates with the color of the bridesmaid dresses. You can gift each bridesmaid with a jewelry set, or give each of your supporting gals one piece of jewelry, like a bracelet for example. Many brides choose to give the maid of honor a special piece, such as a slightly different style or color bracelet or a matching jewelry set.
Based in Edgartown, MA, I design and create jewelry mainly from colorful glass beads that I procure from one glass bead maker in the Czech Republic, in a region known for creating the most beautiful glass beads in the world. Anyway, I design and create jewelry right here on Martha’s Vineyard. Each necklace, bracelet and pair of earrings is made on island. What better way to accessorize yourself and your bridal party for your Martha's Vineyard wedding than with locally made jewelry?
The soft pink hues of the roses and lime green hydrangeas are lovely with the jewelry from my Gold Leaf Collection.
Here are the snazzy bedazzled shoes that the bride wore under that gorgeous wedding gown.
Shop the looks from this photo shoot below
~ ~ ~
Styling/Design: Timeless Event Planning
Photography: Catherine Threlkeld Photography
Venue: Harbor View Hotel
Invites: JKF Design Co.
Vow Books: Wedding Story Writer
Florals 92 Events and Floral
Rentals Big Sky Tent and Party Rentals
Hair/ Makeup Sea Spa Salon
Dress Flair Boston
Jewelry Stefanie Wolf Designs
Engagement Ring Diamonds on the Rock
Wedding Band The Great Put On
Shoes Bella Belle Shoes
Models Maggie Agency