A complete natural wonder, these amethyst geode slices are a sight to behold! Great for layering, each amethyst "stalactite" slice pendant is on a gold plated chain that adjusts from 17 to 21 inches. We added a tiny glass crystal detail at the end of the chain. No two necklaces are exactly alike and I have photographed each one individually so you may choose your favorite.
These gemstone specimens are commonly called "stalactite" slices, named after the mineral deposit formations naturally occurring in caves. While they don't grow in the same way as actual stalactites, they share the same tall, thin shape. This formation occurs when quartz crystals grow on top of an agate base in a thin, tentacle-like shape. These tall, thin crystals are then sliced to create slabs and to reveal the wondrous layers of agates, quartz and amethyst growing within and around the base deposit.
The necklaces in this selection range from smaller and more delicate to large and substantial. Check the images and measurements and description of each stone.
- This is a thin, delicate slice, less chunky than the other two. The outer crystals are clear and smoky, there are no purple amethyst tones. It measures 1.5" wide by 1" high.
- This is a shorter, wider slice that is gold plated all the way around. The outer crystals have a slight purple hue and the size is smaller than the other two measuring about 1.25" wide x .75" high.
- This is larger and chunkier than the other two and the outer crystal edges include notable purple tones. It measures 1" wide x 1.5" high
Let me know if you would like to wear this as a choker shorter than 17 inches and we can shorten it before shipping!
- Necklace length adjusts from 17 to 21 inches
- Gold plated chain, clasp and setting
- Lobster claw closure
- Pendants range in size from 1 - 1.5 inches wide and .75 - 1.5 inches high